Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Special Celeb Birthdays!



I was obviously very ill yesterday because didn't read all of Dlisted's posts! So I didn't realize that yesterday was the birthday for two of my favorite people!

Mike Patton from the bands Faith No More and Mr. Bungle turned 41 AND actor Alan Cumming turned 44.

I have seen both of these fine men in performances.

Edith and I saw Mike Patton years ago at the Knitting Factory.
Just a couple years ago I saw Alan Cumming in The Three Penny Opera on Broadway.

Besides being an awesome show, and Alan Cumming being super sexy, I remember the show for this:
Right when Macheath (Cumming) was in the middle of saying something, someone's cell phone rang. Right in the first row. Alan stopped what he was saying, walked to the edge of the stage and reemed the person out and made them feel terrible.

I can't remember exactly what he said, but it was essentially "Are you going to answer that?" or "I'll wait" or something like that.

It was obnoxious, and uncomfortable, but highly appropriate. I mean, dude, you're sitting in the first row of a Broadway show where Alan Cumming, Jim Dale and Cyndi Lauper are performing and you DON'T turn your phone off?! You deserve a new asshole.

I love Alan Cumming.

No comments:

Post a Comment