Monday, January 12, 2009

Hey! There's a Spider on Your Back!

For those of you who know me, you know I'm a TV junkie. And being here in another
country without English-language TV has been a little tough, although I think I've handled it much better than I would have thought.

But I can't really say I haven't watched any television... Andy and I hang out with his parents and watched "Lost" and "Desperate Housewives" in Czech, as well as another Czech show, "Pošta pro tebe" where people find long lost friends, family members, etc., and that person comes on the show and guesses who was looking for them.

And, with the help of iTunes we've watched "Mad Men" and "The Wire".

But, sometimes you just wake up and have nothing to do, and more than anything just want to veg in front of the TV.

I recently felt that way. Luckily, I brought with me some "Kids in the Hall" DVDs, so I popped one in and vegged. And laughed. I love that show.

One of the best sketches, which I watched on this day, was my inspiration for this blog post. It's a short and funny sketch.


On that note... here's how I spent this past Saturday.

Andy's brother Lukas is crazy and has a thing for spiders... as pets. And not little simple spiders, but big hairy nightmare spiders. He's also had praying mantis and scorpions as pets. Yuck.

He felt the need to get a new one, so on Saturday we went with him to an insect/creepy-crawly show where he got a new spider.

There were all kinds of creatures there - spiders, lizards, turtles (yay!), snakes, and grubs, crickets and baby mice for food. Besides the creepy-crawlies, seeing the people who go to these things was hilarious - a mix of geeks and goths with some regular looking folk mixed in. And it was packed! Quite an experience.





No comments:

Post a Comment