Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Good Question

Czech food is not diet food. Say it with me.

Anyway, we're coming home in less than 3 weeks and that's nice. In the meantime I seem to be a disgusting mess. Snow and cold make it hard to walk.

Regardless, walk we did, around Prague today. Went to the library. Among others, I got The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood. Have you read it? What'd you think? Will I like it?

Bought a couple little gifty things for family. Bought a cool soapdish for our house that we don't have yet. Had a couple beers. Went to Tesco to buy Wasa crackers (the only thing between me and a mumu). Went home.

Talked to Nana, who told me my cousin is moving to California, where, she informed me there are a "ton of gays" and she's very worried that they will hurt my cousin. This was news to me, because Nana's always been pretty chill about that stuff. Nevertheless, I tried to soothe her. "But Nana, the gays aren't violent!" She wasn't convinced.

Anyhoo, we finished "The Wire" which is truly one of the best shows of all time. It's up there with "Six Feet Under" and... I can't even think of another show right now that's as smart as "The Wire". We lurved it!

We saw this poster the other day and I liked it. I never thought to ask this question. I like posters - they make you think.

Oh! And this picture is for Edith - not very clear, but this is what is served at the billiard hall over here.

For when you're drunk.

It's bread spread with pork fat and topped with raw onions, and a dash paprika to make it pretty. It's awesome when you're drinking... but the next day you wake up tasting nothing but onions. But that doesn't stop you from craving it a week later - oh no. As you can see, I could barely refrain from stuffing the whole dern thing in my mouth before I realized I needed to take a picture of it's hangover-easing goodness. Don't mind the bite marks.


Andy and his mother are laughing like crazy Czech hyenas downstairs so I must go join the fun. Tootles.

No comments:

Post a Comment