Friday, January 16, 2009

Fakers! Scam Artists! Losers!

I can't believe this nonsense! Have you heard about this?

The jerk who owns the Gristedes grocery chain tried opening up "Trader John's" down the street from the 14th St. Trader Joe's.

Here's the brief article I read about it on Serious Eats: New York which is a pretty entertaining food-oriented website/blog I've just discovered.


What a scam! I love Trader Joe's. I had heard about them for years and finally started shopping there at the Long Island locations when we got a car. (All pre-14th street, of course.) It's a great store, and they have great products.

One reason that made us decide that we will move to the Western Mass area is because there is a Trader Joe's in Hadley. Seriously, we love it there.

My favorite part of this article is this:

"Last week, Trader Joe's filed a complaint against Gristedes for such a 'blatant attempt to confuse consumers and capitalize on Trader Joe's hard-earned goodwill.' But John Catsimatidis, owner of the Gristede's grocery chain, sees no wrongdoing. 'My name is John. I've been a trader all my life.'"

I've made my opinion on the matter pretty clear.
What do you think about this?

No comments:

Post a Comment