Thursday, January 15, 2009

Hiccup Cure

Having just won a battle with hiccups, I will share with you the cure.

I've been told all kinds of cures for the hiccups, like eating a spoon full of sugar or holding your breath.

But this one works 100% of the time. No joke.

When you get the hiccups, take a drink of water for as long as possible, swallowing continuously while you drink. Particularly at the moment when you are engaged in a hiccup. Keep drinking and swallowing till you just can't anymore.

There. Your hiccups should be cured.

This is Andy's remedy and it's always worked for me, including tonight. Does it work for you?

2 comments:

  1. I would sure choke or worse. I'd drown drinking a glass of water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all about the lemon juice. Drink lemon juice, it tightens the chords or something - never fails.

    ReplyDelete