Tuesday, November 18, 2008

NaNoWriMo Update

For those of you who are wondering how I'm doing with writing my novel in this fine month of November for NaNoWriMo, things are going great.

As of this moment I am at 21,826 words (that's 50 pages!), only slightly behind where I should be. The current mini-goal is 30,000 words by tomorrow, Wednesday, midnight. So, we'll see if I can get there...

This is a really interesting process, and though I know I will have LOTS AND LOTS of editing to do when it's all done, I am very happy that I got my act together, found this exciting project, and am actually writing instead of just talking about it. My characters are fleshing themselves out, and going to interesting places and becoming rather interesting people, right before my eyes. It's great.

Here's to just 28,174 words left to write, in 12 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment