Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Painting (Before & After)

Painting, painting and more painting. That's where I've been.

But today was a change - the big carpet cleaning expedition! How exciting!
We rented a carpet cleaner and just finished up four hours of intense cleaning.
I hate carpeting.

Here's some before and after shots of some rooms we've done so far, in terms of painting. We have lots of decorating that will be coming up soon; just not yet. foyer before (looking into the half bath)

foyer after

half bath after (never got a decent before pic)

guest bathroom before

guest bathroom after

guest bedroom before

guest bedroom after

dining room before

dining room after

living room before

living room after

Paint Colors:
Foyer & Half Bathroom: Glidden Antique White w/ Creamy White trim. (We were dumb - we went ahead and bought the Antique White based on a suggestion on a website that it's a great cream color, without actually testing it first... it's a little more grayish than cream, but it looks clean so I guess it's okay for now.

Guest Bathroom:
Behr White Bathroom paint (mildew resistant, all that good stuff) w/ existing wood trim

Guest Bedroom:
Behr Grass Cloth w/ existing wood trim.

Living room & dining room: Behr Cool Sky w/ Creamy White trim.

4 comments:

  1. I just painted my bedroom the same color as your "before" guest bedroom. My kitchen is now the "after" guest bedroom color.

    I thought I was painting my bedroom gray. Fortunately I like purple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's even funnier that the guest bedroom before was inhabited by a 4 year old girl. you may think you wanted gray, but perhaps you have the true soul of a 4 year old girl. don't fight it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude. Now I'm itching to redo my house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you got a ton accomplished and it looks great You know we love paint!

    We were also wondering if you could update your outgoing blogroll link from TYH to Young House Love (www.younghouselove.com). And definitely check out the dramatic reason for the url change if you haven't already: http://www.younghouselove.com/2009/07/the-end-of-this-young-house/

    xo
    Sherry (& John)
    www.younghouselove.com

    ReplyDelete